Friday, April 11, 2014

Got To Find Ways To Create

I need to figure a way to make as many pictures as I can with the time I have left. I have to put myself into situations where I can create photography that is important to me and has personal meaning. How to do that? How to get enough money to make photo ops happen as often as I can for as long as I can. I think I will go ahead with my plan to save a big pile of money then ask for a leave from my job (or quit if necessary) to go to Asia for another extended trip, probably 6 months or so. The earlier blog idea to spend 6 months in Asia and then 6 months in Canada working any odd jobs to get by will be difficult but will also allow me to make pictures, make lots and lots of pictures. If I rotate back and forth and back and forth over a 10 year period, 6 months here then 6 months there seems like the best way to go. Living on a very limited budget in Asia is hard but feasible, I would have to take 2nd or 3rd class buses, eat fried rice and other cheap local foods often and probably mostly do with out a/c more (only rented fan rooms). The idea while in Asia would be to spend less than $10000 CAD in a 6 month period including the $1500 airfare and visa run cost etc. It would be hard to live this way, the photography would be strenuous, challenging and probably dangerous to make but if in the end I created important photographs all the difficulties would be worth it. Here is hoping I can put this plan into effect by the time I turn 53 or 54.