Saturday, April 5, 2014

New Vimeo Vid And A Feeler Email From A Local Gallery

I added a higher quality version  to Vimeo.com of a all video clip I put on this blog a few days back. The short little film was made of footage shot in May 2013 at the dump with the families, its a few minutes long. Here is a link:

https://vimeo.com/91131638

I also got a feeler get to know you and the work email from a high end downtown Edmonton contemporary art gallery today. This attractive and highly respected exhibition space deals with emerging and mid level modern artists. Am not sure if this will develop into anything, it might or might not lead to a showing of some of the "Families of the Dump" project photographs . Will have to see how it goes, it is very early in the process, I will update the blog with more information as it happens. It feels good to get some notice from an established higher level curator even if his short friendly email does not lead to a show.

Update* I doubt this will lead to showing the work, my stuff is probably to conventional for the gallery. I think thou its going to be a great learning experience, I am looking forward to chatting with the curator and talking art. He will be an interesting fellow to get to know, the more you know about people, the more you learn the more your work improves as a documentary photographer. Having a heart to heart chat with a refugee person living in a dump or a art chat with a highly educated gallery curator are both positives all the way around. Our chat and showing of work will happen probably in early May sometime.