Sunday, April 20, 2014

Photo Story: Skinny Old Man Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok Thailand 2011

I think I will start a new feature, I will  throw in a behind the scenes story along with a photo every now and again. Here is the first photo, story combo.

I remember this old man, he just sat and let me photograph him, he was drinking you can see the small shot glass at his side, he did not seem much interested in food. I think I was with him for maybe 30+ minutes as I also had some very cheap Thai fried rice with chicken from a nearby vendor and a bottle of coke, great tasting stuff. I wonder if this man is still alive he looked so fragile when I was there, just bone thin, sort of wasted away. He mostly just stared into space as I shot him with 2 cameras and ate my food, he probably has had a long and difficult life. If he has passed away as so many people (especially older folks) in my Klong Toey photos have maybe the only record of him being alive is this photograph, am not sure.

Skinny Old Man Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok Thailand 2011