Friday, October 24, 2014

Absolutely TINY!

Gosh I got the Ricoh GR-21 today, this thing is tiny, tiny small and light. It seems like it is not even a having a camera, it is so small. The whole camera fits into my hand and does not hang over and is only 1 thick. I would compare this machine to modern point digi cameras in size but the huge advantage for me is I can use it to shoot Tri-x. If this cameras lens lives up to its reputation I will carry this camera everywhere. If I make strong photos with this machine I might be carrying this camera everywhere for the rest of my life.  I will post some photos made with this new tool in the coming days. I am very excited by the possibilities this presence. This camera has almost no footprint and should allow me to be much more subtle and secretive when I am making photos in dangerous situations with people that are afraid of photography. The decision to purchase this tool could turn out great!

I am surprised at how quick it arrived. The camera was shipped from Japan, the Japanese are so efficient. I also ordered extra batteries and a filter for it but those shipments from other parts of the world (one is Ontario) have yet to make it to me. I got a bit of luck with this Ricoh as well, no extra charges of any kind.