Saturday, October 11, 2014

Bought 2 Books

I have been trying to cut down on my photo book purchases to save money to make my own photographs in Asia. Today thou I broke my fast and bought two books. I bought the Salgado non fiction book linked earlier and needed $5 more to get free shipping. After searching for a long time to find the extra $5, I finally decided to buy a book I got from the library today it is called "My Journey as a Witness" by photographer Shahidul Alam. I liked many of the photos (documentary photography), the book is filled with many behind the scenes stories like the Salgado book. This book might also help inspire the non fiction book I am thinking of trying to put together. The grand total for the two books plus shipping and taxes is around $56 CAD.

Here is a link to the Shahidul Alam book if your interested.

"My Journey As A Witness" by Shahidul Alam

Book and photograph by Shahidul Alam