Saturday, October 25, 2014

New Dynamic?

I tried a few shots of dad with the GR-21, will develop the film next week when I am off work. Am still getting used to using this new camera, it has a much different feel and usage than some of my other cameras like the Leica's. I think you need to shoot it with more flow and less concentration on composition. I want this tool to capture less in a documentary photography sense and more in my feelings as an artist sense. I want my emotions, my thoughts to come out of in these pictures. In the past my work has always been subject first, my feelings second. Now with this camera I want it to be my heart on film, my feelings, my emotions, my everything coming out in the expression of the photographs. The work will be less subject oriented, more abstract, more ambiguous, more personal. A different type of dynamic.