Thursday, October 30, 2014

Stumbling and Bumbling Along

One interesting new feature with blurb books is the ability to sell your book on Amazon.com, that might be something to look towards in the future. It would be great if I could sell the work in book or magazine form a bit and then be able to put that money back into making new photos. My friend Larry told me tonight he sold several photographs recently, he sells his work often. Gosh if I could sell just one print a year I would be happy. It has been several years since I sold any work.

Larry is helping me with this group show next February but it seems all other outlets I have tried over the last couple of years has met with rejections. I got another rejection letter yesterday, this one from a gallery in Medicine Hat Alberta (the capital of high art). Heck I can't make it in Medicine Hat, how the hell am I ever eventually going to be shown in New York, London or Paris?  Back to baby steps with my work. I need to continue to do what I feel is right, continue to work hard and let the cards fall where they may.

I know I will make photographs the rest of my life, that I will continue to create and tell my own  personal stories. The most important thing is to work hard and disregard the all the negative stuff. I have a show coming and will work towards that, after the show I will make more pictures and hope for another exhibition. "Doo-Aye" in the dump needs her story told, my father needs his, "Long" and the workers in the bars of Thai need theirs as do "Bong" and the Muay Thai  boxers and "Jang" and the other residents of slums in Bangkok and elsewhere. Photographing these forgotten people and groups is the most important thing I do, so I will continue to do it. Screw everything else!