Monday, November 3, 2014

Dad Ring Flash Portrait

Spent the morning and early afternoon working on a square format ring flash head shot of dad. I want to show 4 dad photos in the "Exposure Photo Festival" show, to be able to do that I need to print two vertical shots. One of the pics I was working on earlier in the week, it is a vertical blur 35mm. I will frame today's square format portrait in a vertical format and place it next to the 35 print. My other 2 dad shots will be horizontal available light 35mm pics of dad in bed. I need to track down one of those negs yet.

The ring flash creates an amazing light filled with detail from the sharp blad lens and large 120 Tri-x neg. This type of shooting seems to be the best way to do the "Lost Innocence" portraits. The light is very confrontational especially if you create a high contrast b/w print. It might be the ideal tool to tell the story of people who had lost all hope for a better future.

Anyway nuff darkroom work for today, I need take a nap before starting back on my nightshifts tonight.