Friday, November 21, 2014

Link: New Paul Strand Book Arrives

I got my Paul Strand book "Paul Strand Master of Modern Photography" today from Amazon. The book is a loving and beautiful tribute to Mr. Strand. I am certainly no "Modern Master" but my dream is to someday have my best work in a gorgeously printed volume like this. Even if it happens 20 years after I am gone, it would be such an honour. Something like that will most likely never happen but its fun to dream to have. You need dreams it keeps you motivated, they help me keep my nose firmly on the grindstone as I try to reach to make better and better pictures.

I know many older folks who have accepted fate and conceded their dreams long ago. It is so easy to lose the drive and goals of your youth as you age. I never want to lose my hopes, I want to always be striving for that "great picture" and that eventual "photo book".

This Strand book is recommended especially if your a fan. I do not like all the photos but discovered much new strong work. Some of the printing has a hypnotic warm tone to it. I have always loved portraits made with warm tones.

 Here is a link to the book:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0300207921/ref=pe_358330_127305010_em_ti

Note* This link is to the Canadian version of Amazon.