Friday, November 14, 2014

Working On Enlarged Contacts

I am doing up some enlarged contacts tonight of various neg sheets from the past. I want to make up a second contacts style magazine, this will be my 3rd different layout, my third different mag. I want to show a variety of work from the past through these 2-20 page contact mags. I am hoping we can get some important folks showing up on the exhibitions opening night and this is my chance to show them a variety of my work, not just the dump and dad photos. Hopefully we can get some press coverage as well as some important art folk form the province attending.

I also want to do up a 16x20 contact sheet that I plan on exhibiting as one of my 15 show prints from the dump. It will be a contact made up of some of my favourite neg strips and will show before and after exposures of some of the photographs in the exhibition. I will mark up the  enlarged exhibited 16x20 (RC paper?) contact with different coloured grease pencils to give it the feel of the real thing. This is a bit of arty farty nonsense but I think it will allow viewers more of an insight into the process of documentary film based photography. Contact sheets from b/w film based photography is something many of the viewers might have little or no experience with. It will also be a counterpoint to Larry's more modern digital working methods.