Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dads Day

I spent the day with my father and mother, we took dad to get a haircut then we all did a bit of shopping at Walmart. Dad and mom also went to try out the food at the place we plan to have dads dinner after his funeral. Dad likes to be part of all the planning for his final day and wanted to try out the food at the smorg to see if it was good enough.

He enjoyed the meal and the shopping thou he felt the haircut was a bit short. It was fun to see dad watching people and then looking at me to make a face, I knew exactly what he was thinking without him having to say anything. It was a fun time for him thou quite tiring. At the end of the day I helped my father into his house and laid him on his sofa so he could relax and watch some TV.

It is now almost 10 months since he was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer, and he is still walking, and doing many things on his own. I think mom has helped dad very much, she has been a great nurse. Mom has kept up his spirits, the positive psychological side of things might be more important than anything physical she does for him.

It is on days like today that I feel that our joint birthday in April might be possible to reach. I hope we can spend one more birthday together, that day would be dads 83rd birthday.