Monday, December 1, 2014

Latest Print

I have been going over my selection of images for my part of the "Life in the Margins"exhibition. I decided I needed some tighter compositions to balance things out a bit. Most of the photo selections so far are mid to wide angle stuff, I wanted to add some tighter head shot compositions as well.

Last night I made a bunch of masks of various important negs, I probably did up 7 or 8 masks. I then worked on a bunch of test prints for the photo below. This is my first attempt at the print. I will try darkening the edges and background further in the later versions. I want to maintain a certain rawness to the photographs but also eliminate unnecessary background hot spots.

Distorted closeup made with Canon Mark II and 24mm
First attempt closeup of dump child, Mae Sot Thailand 2013