Monday, December 15, 2014

My First Poem "Burmese Child"

Here is my first ever very limited attempt at poetry. I have never written a poem before in my life, it only took me 50 years to get this done! I was inspired by the 2 pictures I made masks of today, you can see them in the previous blog entry.

I do not really know what I am doing with poetry. I do not really understand how poems work or the proper forms etc. I just thought it was important to try and write something about what I was feeling. It is important to express such things, to not hold them in. I just needed to get the emotions out. One of the things I like about poetry is that I can try (the key word) to write it anywhere, anytime.

Burmese Child
Looking left
      Lookin right
Miles of garbage
      What a sight

Child covered in flies
      Oh eyes, so large
Full of life
      Lost of hope

Who cares
     Who cares
For the child with flies
      Until she shrivels up and dies.