Monday, December 15, 2014

Photo Story Videos

I have decided to follow James advice-idea in regards to making videos to put on YouTube discussing the photographs. In the past I have avoided showing my face online, just as I have avoided my real name. I have always been uncomfortable putting the real me on display, it seemed exploitative (of my subject) and immodest (of me) to do so. Now thou I think to tell the story of the families in the dump properly I need to open up a bit. I will do these things in the format James suggested. I will set up a static shot of myself and the photograph and then tell the story behind the making of it and the back story of the subject. I also plan to do some close up pans of the pics that I can cut in along with my voice over, this will help alleviate some of the boredom of a single wide shot approach. I need to incorporate both HD video and high quality sound to make these things work at a professional level.

If this turns out well I hope it will help raise awareness into the lives of my forgotten subjects. I will also include a link for donations to help the families. Larry expressed some interest in this video idea and if mine turn out OK and Larry wants to go ahead with it I will try to make some of him and his photos as well. I have found that the more stuff you show online the more opportunities that arise, you get more chances to show and make photos. I hope these vids will help raise awareness of the people in the pictures, its not about me becoming known but instead about my subjects. If I can tell their story and still remain personally as anonymous as possible I will be quite happy.

Hopefully these "Photo Story Videos" will have a positive impact (like that name!).