Sunday, March 1, 2015

One Of The Last 35mm Rolls

Here are some scans from one of the last 35mm rolls I shot of dad. There are 3 partially shot rolls in 3 other bodies yet. These pics were made with a Leica rangefinder, STAND development and Tri-x exposed at 800.


These are some of the most difficult photos I have ever had to make. I wanted to complete dads story, he told me to finish it and I did. I will make a few more pictures yet at the viewing and at the funeral like dad wanted, then I need to rest. It has been very difficult and emotional to keep photographing. I have cried until I can't cry anymore. Poor poor dad, at least he died at home with people who loved him.

Maybe dads photo story might help raise money for pancreatic cancer research.

Dad the day before he died, February 22 2015
Mom saying goodbye to dad after he passed, February 22 2015
Mom saying goodbye to dad after he passed #2, February 22 2015
The day after dad died, February 23 2015
Note* There is a bit more negative space above moms eyes in the 3rd photograph, I lost it in the scan. I might use this shot in the Rosebud show. For this last photo of mom and dad I shot wide open (I think) with a 35mm F1.4 lens and Tri-x at 800, the shutter speed was also very slow I think 1/15th of a second.