Friday, May 15, 2015

Rejection Letter From The Vancouver Art Gallery

I got a very nice REJECTION email today from the Vancouver Art Gallery. The VAG is one of the top museums in all of Canada, them taking the time to review my work is appreciated. I will keep on submitting to these folks in the coming year, maybe something will eventually work out. Some how being rejected by such a prestigious facility is less painful.

---------------

Dear Mr. Yaum,

Thank you very much for sending us information on your recent documentary photography project.

I have had the opportunity to circulate and discuss your materials with my colleagues in the curatorial department.  While we are glad to be made aware of your work and congratulate you on your upcoming solo exhibitions in Alberta and Thailand, I regret that we are unable to offer a presentation in our upcoming program due to our commitments over the next several years. There are many great projects that we simply cannot accommodate.

Thank you for considering the Vancouver Art Gallery and I wish you much success with the tour.     

Best wishes,

----- --------
Chief Curator/ Associate Director