Sunday, May 3, 2015

Thinking Of Pook

I keep thinking of Pook, the girl from the bar in Bangkok who was murdered in November. Here is her photo and the earlier story of her murder. She looks like such a good and kind person.  When I was photographing in that world, I knew dozens of girls like her. I need to continue to make pictures and and tell those important stories. I want to do a series of portraits away from the bars in the workers private rooms, with their belongings beside them, maybe even make pics up country with their families. This idea was suggested to me by a documentary photographer I met in New Orleans at my opening back in December of 2013.

Maybe the 3 part sex worker series I could work on would be "Lost Innocence", the at home portraits and a still undecided third project.

http://gerryyaum.blogspot.ca/2015/04/link-bar-worker-murder-case.html

Laxami 'Pook' Manochat 31