Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Master Battle Plan

With the rejection of my leave, I have gone into big time planning mode. I need to figure out how to work on my fathers dedication book idea "Forgotten Laughter" (portraits of children living in poverty) project. My current plan is as follows.

1) Take my regular 2015 holidays, my 3 weeks off work at the beginning of November. My 3 weeks off along with my regular 4 weeks off (I work 1 week on, 1 week off) will allow me 7 weeks in a row. With that 7 weeks I will make a start on my project.

2) Take the first 2 weeks of 2016 holidays in February of 2016. The 2 weeks plus my regular 3 weeks off will give me 5 weeks total. I will travel to Cambodia or the Philippines to continue the "Forgotten Laughter" (portraits of children living in poverty) project.

3) In July 2016, I might have a chance to visit Africa for the first time. I would take my last week of 2016 holidays at that time.

4) At work we have a plant shutdown in September of 2016. I will fulfill my commitment to my company and work through that period. After the shutdown is over I will request a 3 month/ 6 month leave again. If that request is accepted I will take the time to continue my work on the project. If that leave request is rejected, I will quit my job and go to Asia long term, possibly 6 months to 1 year. I would then have absolute freedom to create for a long period of time without any pressure to return. I started at my current security site in 1996, if I do leave in 2016 that would be a 20 year period. A nice number!

Note* I just sent an email vacation request for the above times off work. Hopefully there will be no kinks. I need to start working on this very important photo project. Now I have a start date in mind! The count down begins! I better work out harder!