Sunday, August 2, 2015

3 Prints Framed And Matted

Well tonight at work I managed to mat and and frame the 3 prints I was spotting yesterday. Two of these photos are going to the Rosebud show at the Akokiniskway Gallery and one is going to the Open Digital 2015 at the Edmonton and Calgary Jubilee Auditoriums. I used existing mats that I had cut before, they are in decent shape, the only negatives is slight over cuts, no biggy.

I still have to do at least 2 maybe 3 prints of dad for the Rosebud exhibition. One of dad in the coffin as the final shot and probably one of tight movement shots. I might also do another photo, possibly a close up with a comforting hand or maybe one of the 5x7 photos. I could also print the photo of mom with dad a few minutes after he passed away, thou that negative looks extremely difficult to print. On my 3 days off this week I will spend some time in the darkroom and also some time on my next work week and the following week off. I need to get this all ready by around September 14,15 when I drive down to Rosebud. The hanging is supposed to be on the 15th, and the opening night on the Friday the 18th, I am doing an artist day(talk) with the work in the gallery on September 19th.

Here are the 3 framed and completed prints from tonight's work. I wish I could show them to dad.

Update* The Digital Open 2015 print is wrapped up and ready to go. The gallery people asked me to put it in bubble wrap for the truck ride down to Calgary which I have done. It is out of my hands now, I will go to the opening night in Edmonton and might try and check out the print (exhibition) in Calgary Southern Jubilee Auditorium when I am down South for the Rosebud exhibition in September. The $135 artist fee will go towards my airline ticket back to Thai. I hope they hold this event next year as well.

Dad in barred light #1, Dad in barred light #2, Dad in pain, all shot February 2015