Monday, August 24, 2015

Contact Sheet Style Book?

While driving the car just now I had an idea for a photo book. It would be a book with a variety of contact sheets, chosen photos and the stories behind the making of the pictures I would put together a book of 50 or so of these contact sheet/photo/story combos using 35mm, 120mm and 5x7 contacts. My next 2 photo trips to different parts of Asia would provide the materials I would shoot and tell stories of these trip projects. If I go ahead with this idea I could have a working version (Blurb magazine) of the book by late 2016.

Another book idea, another project to think about. This would be a variation on what I have already done. I did something similar with the magazines I made for the "Living on the Margins" show.

A possible titles?

   Contact Sheet Asia
                      by Gerry Yaum

  Contact Story Asia
                      by Gerry Yaum

Maybe I will go through every world region and do up similar books. There can be an African version, Central America, South America etc. : ))