Monday, August 17, 2015

Heard From Mimi

I heard from my friend Mimi today who is in Bangkok. Mimi is the French, Thailand based gallery curator and lover of art who I have spoken of occasionally on this blog. We have been in contact for several years, there has been talk of a show, we have met several times, she has become a good friend. I guess her Bangkok based Ekami area Gallery is now closed down but she is moving on and building a new space at another location with her Thai sculpture husband (a very nice fellow).

Mimi asked if she could show my photos in some kind of photography festival in Bangkok (Bangkok Photo 2015, Alliance Francaise). The closing event is on the 10th so I will just miss out on this event IF my contribution happens. I do not arrive in Bangkok until the end of the month. To bad!! If I was there I probably could have said a few things about the work.

Not sure the photos will be shown (projected files), not sure anything at all will happen, nothing is confirmed yet. Either way it was great to hear from Mimi. She works so hard I was worried for her health, glad she is doing well and still fighting for art.