Sunday, August 9, 2015

210mm Pulled Out of Mothballs

I pulled out my old old 210mm Schneider 5.6 today. I believe it has 5x7 coverage. This lens dates way back for me, it is the first view camera lens I ever owned. I got the lens as part of a package with my first Sinar F1 (I have 2). I will try this lens out next week when I am off work. Not sure how long I have owned the lens over 20 years for sure, maybe 25 or longer. I would be  great to finally makes some important photos with it. I have a nice black metal lens board for this lens that I got from a photographer from APUG (Analog photographers User Group) for free. I attached the older style sweet functioning cable release I got a few weeks back of eBay. This lens should be a lot of fun to shoot, another advantage is that it is 1 stop faster than the 120mm. 1 more stop will give me more bokeh, an extra shutter speed and more light for focusing and using movements.

Which lens will be my main portrait lens? The 210mm or the 120mm, not sure!