Sunday, August 23, 2015

More Film

Bought another 20 rolls of 120mm Tri-x. I needed to fill out an order for a used B&W UV filter for my Leica lens (over $99 USD you get free shipping). I need to get a couple of screw in 60mm filters for the newly purchased 24mm and the 35mm lens. The used filter I bought is rated 9 and a top end German made B&W so it should work fine. Total cost for everything $134.41 USD with free shipping to my door in Canada. You got to love B&H photo.

I always feel good after I buy film. In the past I was criticized for choosing to buy film over spending money on clubbing. engaging in social functions and boozing, but going the film way always makes me feel good. When you buy film there is always the chance of making great photographs. With the newly purchased Rolleiflex's and the Plaubel Makina 67 I will probably use up the 120 stuff fairly quickly. I plan to take a minimum of 50 rolls with me to Asia this next trip, and probably another 50-100 rolls will be used up on the trips in 2016.