Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mr. Double AA

I am very appreciative of the galleries that are going to show and have shown my work. I do feel and know thou that I am about at the Single A and Double AA level of the art world when it comes to exhibition sites. I need to try to creep up to the Triple AAA level in the next few years. Maybe the coming work on "Forgotten Laughter", "Lost Innocence" and "Migrant Worker (a project I have not talked much about here on the blog but continue to think about), will raise me to the next level of galleries. That next level are larger established more prestigious galleries and museums (the acronym crowd), quite a bit below the major places like the National Gallery in Ottawa, the Tate Modern in London or the Museum of Modern Art in New York (MOMA).

I do not know if I can ever reach the major leagues but Triple AAA is certainly doable, a strong possibility. To tell the stories of my subjects at that level would really be something, something I owe them. First thou I need to make the photographs, that starts in November. Brick by brick builds the grand cathedral.