Saturday, August 1, 2015

Shopping, Oh The Joy!

You have to prepare for the strangest things on these photo trips. I usually try to keep my baggage weight down. I buy as much as I can in country, shampoos, toothpaste, shaving stuff can all be bought at the local Thai 7/11. I only take 2 maybe 3 pairs of pants, and 4 or 5 shirts and underwear. As for socks only 1 pair usually for the plane ride there and back, in country I do not wear socks. I only take one piece of footwear with me, some good quality leather sandals.

Shooting in places like a garbage dump changes that traveling light dynamic, I need rubber boots of some kind and wear socks with the boots. I had a pair of 1/2 rubber boots that I wore my last 2 trips to the dump but boy do those babies stink now. They have the this sickly disgusting smell from too much time walking in garbage, animal crap and other nasty sh-t.

Best to get a new pair, so I am rubber boot shopping today, oh the joy of it!: )) I would buy the boots locally but my feet are too large and I cannot buy my size of boot in Thailand. I will have to lug these things all the way from Canada. Found some tonight online, lightweight and cheap. I will try to get them next week on one of my 3 days off. I think after I am done with them this coming trip, I will donate them to some big footed Burmese man working the dump. A nice thing to do, and it will cut down on my return travel weight.

Update* Hmm I have resorted to writing about rubber boots on my blog. I have been away from the action too long!!

$14.99 CAD rubber boots from Army&Navy in Edmonton, size 12