Tuesday, August 18, 2015

This Weeks Printing

Enough on the bomb stuff, back to photography.

I am starting work today on the last 2 prints (might try for 3 but more probably 2) for the Rosebud exhibition which opens on September 18th in Rosebud Alberta at the Akokiniskway Gallery. The 2 prints I will work on this week are a shot of my father with large eyes as he lays in bed and a second shot at his funeral of dad in the coffin. I thought it was important to include the coffin photo in the show as a end image for the photo story on "My Fathers Last Days".

I asked dad before he passed away (tough question to ask your father) "Dad is it OK for me to photograph you in your coffin? Do you want me to do that?" he looked at me and said "Well a few would be nice, for a memory" (or close words to that affect). Including the coffin photo in the show seems only right, as it was dads wish.

I will post some photos of the pics in the trays as I get them. I wish I could show them to dad, I dream of him almost nightly. Last night he was watching TV with the family and fell asleep behind our sofa.

Akokiniskway Gallery, Rosebud Alberta