Sunday, October 4, 2015

Day 3 in Jasper

Changed to a more secluded part of Whistler campground today. Very beautiful today, the sun came out! Even with the sun out creating wonderful shadows and highlights it remains quite cold. As I type this my figures feel cool, and am wearing a winter jacket and a 1/2 ski mask (sort of look like
a puffy blue bank robber).

Did a few set ups in the trees behind the campsite with the 210mm and Linhoff 5x7. Am getting a bit more fluid with the camera and figuring out where I can store stuff in the field. When I am photographing in the Mae Sot (Thailand) garbage dump soon I want to equipment contact with the ground to a minimum. I am even thinking of some plastic bag set up to attach to the bottom of my backpack. The last thing I want is the sickening stench of the dump left on all my gear.

Am going off now to do some more shooting at a nearby lake (Horseshoe) and will visit a popular
water fall area (Athabasca Falls). Tomorrow it is back to the Land of Oil, Edmonton. Will store

the van for the winter and begin my final preparations for Thailand.