Monday, November 16, 2015

An Amazing Day, Day 2 In The Dump

I spent less than 4 hours in the dump today but none the less it was an amazing day. Once I shot all 24 sheets of 5x7 Tri-X I had loaded my day was done (did not have a second camera with me.

Today I was reunited with Doo-Ayes family! I met her mother, father, sister (the bride) and her brother-in-law (the groom). I also met the brides new baby boy, and several unfamiliar children that were part of the family group. Everyone I met in the family looked in good shape. The Karen people are truly a resilient and hard working group. Over the last 2 years I have had the easy life in Canada meanwhile they have lived in and next to garbage. How can they look so healthy and happy?

It was a great day. A day that allowed me to start work on "Forgotten Laughter" book project for dad.

Note* Tomorrow I plan on taking a second camera. I do not like the feeling of being With the families and unable to photograph.