Monday, November 16, 2015

Camera Bellows Repair

Out at the dump during my first set up today (landscape of shacks) I realized there were some holes in the outer lining of my camera bellows. This is not what you want to see on the first day of an important photo series. Here i am on the other side of the world standing in a garbage dump ready to finally make pictures and I see a holes!!

The bellows for the Linhof is made of two levels. The outer soft black cover layer and an inner harder yellow material layer. My hole seemed to be on only the outer black layer. I hope today there were no light leaks.

The black layer damage is now taped up and repaired. I used duct tape to fix things, hopefully there will be no light leaks. Imagine shooting 400 sheets under conditions like today and then losing them all to fogging! What a nightmare that would be!